Traditional Dentures vs. Implant Dentures • Implant Dentistry
Click on a link below to learn more about our dental implant services
- Why Choose Us for Implants?
- What are Dental Implants?
- Types of Dental Implants
- Implant Dentures
- Dentures vs. Implant Dentures
- Implant Crown Restorations
- Bone Grafting & Buildup
- Sinus Lift Procedure
- 3D Diagnostic & Printing Technology
- Meet Our Implant Dentistry Team
- What is Same Day Teeth®?
- Sedation Options
Implant Dentistry: Dentures vs. Implant Dentures
We are your best option in Florida for Same Day Teeth®, Full Mouth Dental Implants, Denture Implants and All on Four Implant Bridges.
We have everything you need for your dental implant under one roof... you don't need to visit multiple dental offices.
Through our Pikos Institute, we have taught 4300+ other dentists how to do what we do! Why wouldn't you want to come here for implants?
We place and restore implants
3D X-Ray Diagnostic Technology
0% financing available
Smile More Confidently. Look Younger. Eat the foods you want to eat. Live Better.
Questions? Call (800) 639-5665.
One of our friendly team members is here to help you.
Hear from a real patient about the difference between dentures and implant dentures.
Using 3D Diagnostic Technology
We have placed 40,000+ implants
By our in-house Prosthodontist
Meet Dr. Michael A. Pikos
World Renowned Implant Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon
Dr. Michael A. Pikos is the CEO and Founder of Coastal Jaw Surgery and opened his first office in 1983 in Palm Harbor, FL. He is also the CEO and Founder of the world renowned Pikos Institute in Trinity, FL. He is recognized as a world authority on dental implant surgical reconstruction. Since 1990 he has been teaching advanced courses in bone and soft tissue grafting for dental implant placement with alumni that now number more than 4300 from all 50 states and 43 countries. He and his team of doctors emphasize interactive 3D CT radiograph technology along with foundational principles of prosthetics and biomechanics that dictate the ultimate success of comprehensive dental implant rehabilitation.
We Place and Restore Dental Implants, All Under One Roof, and Utilizing 3D Diagnostic Technology!
At Coastal Jaw Surgery we can place and restore your implants right here in our office, without referring you to anyone else!
Plus, we have 3D Cone Beam Diagnostic Technology, which allows us to get a better picture of your existing bone mass, so that we can more accurately place your implant.
You should never get a dental implant without having a 3D image completed first!
Contact us today for a FREE, NO OBLIGATION Dental Implant Consultation.
Call (800) 639-5665!
Learn More About Implant Dentures
Dentures are a way to replace a number of missing teeth so that functionally, you can chew your food and have a nice smile. However, since dentures sit in the mouth on top of the gums there are no tooth roots to anchor and stimulate bone growth and strengthen the jawbone. This leads to bone loss, receding gums, changes in the shape and profile of one’s face as well as periodontal disease.
In addition to the physical changes they cause in your face, dentures often need to be resized, they can cause sores in the mouth from friction, they slip and can impair your ability to speak clearly.
A healthier alternative to traditional dentures is the Implant Supported Denture. This is a combination of a number of implants surgically implanted into the jawbone (good for bone stimulation and growth) and a denture which can be removed and cleaned. This option prevents bone deterioration that can lead to periodontal disease. Patients who go this route also experience an easier time talking and chewing. In addition to these benefits, since there is no bone loss in the jaw there is no slippage and the denture does not need to be resized.
We are pleased to offer:
- All-on-4 and Same Day Teeth®: We can now replace a full mouth restoration using the customized number of implants to be placed depending on each patient’s requirements in one day (for qualified patients)! Dental implants are placed to allow the full mouth restoration stability. A restoration (bridge or denture) is then attached. This gives you the look and function of natural teeth. If in the case of a denture, dental implants allow us to remove the part of the denture that covers the roof of your mouth, allowing the fullest, most natural feel, function and taste experience.
- Implant-Supported Dentures: Dental implants are able to give you a superior level of support and stability when used with dentures. Implant-supported dentures use a few implants to keep your denture in place. A bar runs from one implant to the others and attaches to the back of the denture to keep it in place. This eliminates the need for messy denture adhesives and restores the full look of your smile. You can finally eat the food you want to eat!
- Implant-Retained Dentures: These are similar to implant-supported dentures in that they use dental implants to secure dentures, but they are still removable. The implants have ball fixtures placed on top of them, and the denture can snap into the balls.
Transform Your smile.
Change Your Life.
Are you a candidate for a Free Implant Consultation with 3D X-Rays!
Go Where Other Dentists Come To Learn. 4300+ Dentists Trained.
In addition to providing the most advanced and experienced implant dentistry to the people of Florida, Dr. Pikos also heads the Pikos Institute based in Trinity. Pikos Institute is recognized globally as one of the finest teaching organizations for 3D-based implant surgery courses. Doctors from around the world visit Pikos Institute to learn from Dr. Pikos’ decades of experience and vast wealth of knowledge. When you choose Coastal Jaw Surgery, you are choosing a practice that is at the forefront of oral surgery education and is leading the way for the future of implant dentistry and periodontal services.
Do you have questions? We are here to help you. Please call for immediate assistance.
Five Locations to Serve You
For appointments please call (800) 639-5665
Coastal Jaw Surgery at Palm Harbor
2711 Tampa Rd.
Palm Harbor, FL 34684
Same Day Teeth® at Pikos Institute
8740 Mitchell Blvd
Trinity, FL 34655
Coastal Jaw Surgery at Trinity
8845 Hawbuck St
Trinity, FL 34655
Coastal Jaw Surgery at Spring Hill
4372 Commercial Way
Spring Hill, FL 34606
Coastal Jaw Surgery at Tampa
11940 Sheldon Rd
Tampa, FL 33626