Sinus Lift Procedure • Implant Dentistry
Click on a link below to learn more about our dental implant services
- Why Choose Us for Implants?
- What are Dental Implants?
- Types of Dental Implants
- Implant Dentures
- Dentures vs. Implant Dentures
- Implant Crown Restorations
- Bone Grafting & Buildup
- Sinus Lift Procedure
- 3D Diagnostic & Printing Technology
- Meet Our Implant Dentistry Team
- What is Same Day Teeth®?
- Sedation Options
Sinus Lift Procedure
A Sinus Lift is surgery that adds bone to your upper jaw in the area. The bone is added between your jaw and the maxillary sinuses, which are on either side of your nose. To make room for the bone, the sinus membrane must be lifted or moved upward. This procedure is done when there is not enough bone height in the upper jaw for dental implants to be places. A Sinus Lift will also be done in cases where the sinuses are too close to the jaw for dental implants to be places.
There are several other reasons why a Sinus Lift is needed:
- If you have lost teeth in your upper jaw and your jaw does not have enough bone to support dental implants.
- Bone loss caused due to periodontal (gum) disease.
- Tooth loss may lead to bone loss. The bone resorbs once teeth are gone, if you have been missing teeth for a long time there may not be enough bone left to place dental implants.
- The maxillary sinus may be too close to the upper jaw for dental implants to be placed. The shape and size of sinus varies from person to person. Age may cause sinus to get larger also.
Prior to the Sinus Lift Procedure, the doctor will require a cone-bean CT scan before your Sinus Lift so the doctor can study the jaw and sinus. The doctors of Coastal Jaw Surgery use cone-beam CT scan to accurately measure the height and width of of your existing bone.
After the Sinus Lift procedure there will be some swelling in the area. There may be some minor bleeding. Do not blow your nose or sneeze forcefully while healing. We will ask that you return to the office within 7 to 10 days to evaluate the surgical site and remove stiches if they do not dissolve on their own. After the Sinus Lift procedure it will take a few months for healing. Once healing is complete, dental implants may be placed four to nine months.
Transform Your smile.
Change Your Life.
Are you a candidate for a Free Implant Consultation with 3D X-Rays!
Go Where Other Dentists Come To Learn. 4300+ Dentists Trained.
In addition to providing the most advanced and experienced implant dentistry to the people of Florida, Dr. Pikos also heads the Pikos Institute based in Trinity. Pikos Institute is recognized globally as one of the finest teaching organizations for 3D-based implant surgery courses. Doctors from around the world visit Pikos Institute to learn from Dr. Pikos’ decades of experience and vast wealth of knowledge. When you choose Coastal Jaw Surgery, you are choosing a practice that is at the forefront of oral surgery education and is leading the way for the future of implant dentistry and periodontal services.
Do you have questions? We are here to help you. Please call for immediate assistance.
Five Locations to Serve You
For appointments please call (800) 639-5665
Coastal Jaw Surgery at Palm Harbor
2711 Tampa Rd.
Palm Harbor, FL 34684
Same Day Teeth® at Pikos Institute
8740 Mitchell Blvd
Trinity, FL 34655
Coastal Jaw Surgery at Trinity
8845 Hawbuck St
Trinity, FL 34655
Coastal Jaw Surgery at Spring Hill
4372 Commercial Way
Spring Hill, FL 34606
Coastal Jaw Surgery at Tampa
11940 Sheldon Rd
Tampa, FL 33626