What are Dental Implants? • Implant Dentistry
Click on a link below to learn more about our dental implant services
- Why Choose Us for Implants?
- What are Dental Implants?
- Types of Dental Implants
- Implant Dentures
- Dentures vs. Implant Dentures
- Implant Crown Restorations
- Bone Grafting & Buildup
- Sinus Lift Procedure
- 3D Diagnostic & Printing Technology
- Meet Our Implant Dentistry Team
- What is Same Day Teeth®?
- Sedation Options
What are Dental Implants?
Replace Missing or Damaged Teeth with Natural-Looking Dental Implants
Dental implants are modern, efficient and the most sensible alternate to natural teeth which may have been lost or damaged. Implant Supported Crowns look and feel natural, give you a perfect smile and better dental health.
We offer Dental Implant Supported Crowns for patients who have damaged a tooth or lost multiple teeth. These are artificial tooth roots (surgical grade titanium) that are implanted into the jaw to support the replacement tooth. Afterwards, we will take a mold of your teeth and send it to a laboratory, where qualified technicians use the impression to build a custom made crown specifically designed for your implant.
At Coastal Jaw Surgery, we can place and restore your implants right here in our office, with out referring you to anyone else! We have a Prosthodontist on staff to create perfect restorations. This allows us to place and restore dental implants in the SAME DAY!
Plus, we have 3D Cone Beam Diagnostic Technology, which allows us to get a better picture of your existing bone mass. You should never get a dental implant without having a 3D image completed first!
What are the Benefits of a Dental Implant?
- Dental implants don't rely on neighboring teeth for support.
- Dental implants are permanent and stable.
- They will not come loose like dentures.
- They prevent your other teeth from shifting around due to the loss of a tooth.
- Dental Implants prevent bone loss in your jaw.
Am I a Candidate for Dental Implants?
A good candidate for dental implants will have healthy gums and enough bone in the jaw to support the implant. If the bone in your jaw is insufficient (too thin or soft) to anchor and support an implant properly then you may require a Bone Grafting procedure before the implant can be placed.
You also may require a Sinus Lift if there is not enough bone height in your upper jaw or if your sinuses are too close together.
Your implant specialist will be able to determine if you are a good candidate for dental implants with the use of 3D Cone Beam CT Scan. This type will allow our doctors to accurately evaluate in a very comprehensive way your existing jaw anatomy that directly effects dental implant placement. This information is imperative for the success of a dental implant procedure. Do not have an implant placed by any dental professional without a 3D Cone Beam CT Scan!
See Dr. Pikos discuss Single Tooth Dental Implants.
The Dental Implant Procedure
The implant placement procedure is as follows:
- The titanium implant is placed in the jawbone surgically by our dental implant surgeon. They will use the information gathered from the 3D Cone Beam CT Scan in addition to 3D software to precisely place the dental implants in the best location possible.
- Healing time typically takes a few weeks to a few months. During this time the titanium implant will actually fuse with your natural jaw bone in a process called osseointegration. This will create a stable foundation for the crown that will be placed at the end of the healing process.
- Once the osseointegration process is complete and the implant has completely fused to your jawbone, an abutment is placed on top of your gumline. This is what the crown will be attached to when it is time to be placed.
- In the last step of the process, a single crown, an implant supported bridge or a denture is attached to the abutment to complete the procedure.
- All the above can be completed at one time with our Same Day Teeth® protocol if you are a candidate.
Transform Your smile.
Change Your Life.
Are you a candidate for a Free Implant Consultation with 3D X-Rays!
Go Where Other Dentists Come To Learn. 4300+ Dentists Trained.
In addition to providing the most advanced and experienced implant dentistry to the people of Florida, Dr. Pikos also heads the Pikos Institute based in Trinity. Pikos Institute is recognized globally as one of the finest teaching organizations for 3D-based implant surgery courses. Doctors from around the world visit Pikos Institute to learn from Dr. Pikos’ decades of experience and vast wealth of knowledge. When you choose Coastal Jaw Surgery, you are choosing a practice that is at the forefront of oral surgery education and is leading the way for the future of implant dentistry and periodontal services.
Do you have questions? We are here to help you. Please call for immediate assistance.
Six Locations to Serve You
For appointments please call (800) 639-5665
Coastal Jaw Surgery at Palm Harbor
2711 Tampa Rd.
Palm Harbor, FL 34684
Same Day Teeth® at Pikos Institute
8740 Mitchell Blvd
Trinity, FL 34655
Coastal Jaw Surgery at Trinity
8845 Hawbuck St
Trinity, FL 34655
Coastal Jaw Surgery at Spring Hill
4372 Commercial Way
Spring Hill, FL 34606
Coastal Jaw Surgery at Tampa
11940 Sheldon Rd
Tampa, FL 33626
Coastal Jaw Surgery at Clearwater
3003 Enterprise Road East
Clearwater FL 33759